In spring 2022 I decided to start tinkering with GitHub, GitHub Pages, and Jekyll.
In this post I want to write about the goals and features and quirks I encountered using these tools:
- Custom domain for GitHub Pages
- iCloud Drive
- iA Writer
- Working Copy
- iCloud custom email domain
- Make it easy to capture, fastest time to publish.
- If I get my thoughts published, put them out there, theres a better chance that I’ll follow up to refine it later. Or maybe its already a complete thought? so why not just let it live in plain sight?
- It lets me tweak from anywhere… it’s essentially become my version of a fidget spinner.
- It can keep me occupied doing something that, cumulatively over time, adds up to a polished version of myself… something I often have trouble doing. And it’s like, good things take time and thought. It can feel vain, staring at your own homepage… but all the while, my wheels are turning, thinking… maybe meditation or mindfulness is a good example… definitely a practice of self awareness.
- iA writer cannot open .sass or .scss files.
- iOS keyboards… all the shortcuts aren’t conducive to coding, but lack of them makes prose more difficult.